How to make a memory game app inventor 2

Zerlwars

Jun 14, 2018, 3:57:23 AM6/14/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Could you tell me how to make the correct blocks
 Thank you

Chris Ward

Jun 14, 2018, 4:29:00 AM6/14/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Zerlwars

I'm sorry but your request is far too broad. You need to be much more specific about what your App will do, what the GUI looks like etc.

If you haven't done so already, plan your app carefully on paper!

Write your own blocks: Small section - proof test - next small section etc, each as a separate self-contained mini-project. If your small section of code fails your tests, open a forum post showing the blocks and explaining what you expected to happen.

SteveJG

Jun 14, 2018, 8:17:56 AM6/14/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Look at the examples in the MIT Gallery.   One of the Projects may do what you want and you can download the aia file.

Regards,
Steve

Abraham Getzler

Jun 17, 2018, 6:06:07 PM6/17/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I did some rework on the .aia you posted on an earlier thread,
and got the game mechanic to work,
reusing Screen4 (20 buttons) for smaller button counts by hiding buttons,
and reducing the number of buttons used according to the
level started.

I could not find the image and sound you wanted for timeout,
so I left that out.

Also, your background images are very large, so they slow down screen startup
and occasionally cause crashes.

I ran some of them through the site Tinypng.com to shrink them,
to ease the memory problem,
and removed a big sound file.

You use separate screens for applause to mark successful completion,
and this continues to be a problem.
(I have no good experience with multiple Screens, and prefer instead
to use multiple Vertical Arrangements in the same screen, showing only one at a time.)

Each of the 3 puzzle sizes was tested and works,
with the required delay between exposing a match and judging it.

ABG

memory_zerlwars.aia
Screen1.png
Screen4.png

MagNeedsHelp

Jan 14, 2020, 5:13:29 PM1/14/20
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi, I have imported and downloaded this app and it works on its own, however, when I try to use the same code as part of a bigger app, the screen keeps shutting down after giving me the error notification:

property getter was expecting a com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.Button component but got a YailList instead.

Why is this happening?

Thank you

ABG

Jan 14, 2020, 5:24:15 PM1/14/20
to MIT App Inventor Forum
This board is closing down this week..
with your exported .aia and downloaded blocks files for all screens.