mls23464

Oct 7, 2017, 10:34:27 AM10/7/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I am working on the xylophone app from chapter 9 in the App Inventor 2 text book.  I am struggling with the playback for the tones.  I feel like i have followed the instructions in the book to a T but obviously I am missing something.  I have tried building the app two different times with no luck on the playback. Any help as to where I am making the error would be appreciated.

I am using firefox on Windows 10.

I have also attached the aia file and the blocks as an image.
SmithM_Xylophone.aia
xylophone_blocks.png

SteveJG

Oct 8, 2017, 4:24:54 PM10/8/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
A completed aia for xylophone and the necessary .wav files are available at this link:   http://www.appinventor.org/bookFiles

Try the already completed example by downloading the aia ; test it on your hardware and if it performs correctly; compare your code with the code you could download.

Did you remember to download the wav files to Media?

Regards,
Steve

TimAI2

Oct 9, 2017, 6:19:52 AM10/9/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
There is a block missing in the book !!

http://www.appinventor.org/bookChapters/chapter9.pdf  (look at finished blocks, page 165)

Please change the block I have circled:

and it should work  :)

mls23464

Oct 9, 2017, 7:09:18 PM10/9/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks to everyone that took the time to take a look and respond, the problem i had was indeed the missing block to call playback in the playbutton.click