AI2 2.2 Emulator Problems on Mac OS X 10.6.8/ Chrome 32.0

kristen...@d214.org

Jan 30, 2014, 11:33:00 AM1/30/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
It seems everything is setup correctly (AI starter loads) on our school Mac desktops, but after I click on the AI2 app on the emulator, the Hello Purr app will not load. We have changed the permissions on the school computer to give the students admin access (scary!). Also, everything worked perfectly fine on my MacBook Pro laptop for the HelloPurr tutorial except for the sound. Please advise.

Jos Flores

Jan 30, 2014, 12:06:19 PM1/30/14
to kristen...@d214.org, mitappinventortest
Is there a firewall or proxy in your network? It might be blocking
communication.

cheers,
José

On 30 January 2014 11:33, <kristen...@d214.org> wrote:
> It seems everything is setup correctly (AI starter loads) on our school Mac desktops, but after I click on the AI2 app on the emulator, the Hello Purr app will not load. We have changed the permissions on the school computer to give the students admin access (scary!). Also, everything worked perfectly fine on my MacBook Pro laptop for the HelloPurr tutorial except for the sound. Please advise.

Kristen Fisher

Jan 30, 2014, 1:02:16 PM1/30/14
to Jos Flores, mitappinventortest, Brad Kahler, Nicolas Mazza, Joanne McNamee
Jos,

I emailed our technical system supervisor and here is the response I received--

We don't proxy any of the traffic, but there is a firewall that is open to the most commonly used ports.  Send me specifically what needs to be opened and Nic Mazza can check to ensure that is open.  But since this "works" at Wheeling HS, it's most likely not network related.

Kristen Fisher
Elk Grove High School
Computer Science and Math Teacher
Head Girls Tennis Coach
@KristenFisherCS

All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the Acceptable Use Policies of District 214, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.  Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Township High School District 214.

jeffrey.schiller

Jan 31, 2014, 8:51:09 AM1/31/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, kristen...@d214.org
When you say "click on the AI2 app" what do you mean. Do you mean manually launching the Companion App from within the Emulator?

When using the emulator, you shouldn't have to select any program from within the emulator. When you select "Connect Emulator" from the Connect menu, it should start the emulator *and* start the Companion (it takes a little while) and then load the program into the Companion.

-Jeff