Arnout

May 28, 2018, 7:12:50 PM5/28/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello,
If there should be any developers / beekeepers on the forum:
I made a beekeeping app to keep track of hive inspections, varroa-control, feeding,...
Offline storage of the data at the hives, and then sync to google drive when connected again.
It is quite a fuzz to setup the link to the google spreadsheets, but once done, it works fine.
There are a few guys in Belgium an Holland who are using this app, and they are happy with it. It helped me to make an analysis of the bee-season.
Some options are not working at the moment. Still need some time to finish it, but hive inspection itself works fine.
Tutorial and other info can be found here :
you can find the project under the name "open honeybee app" (i don't know how to make a direct link).
Any hardcore developer will see how messy my "code" is, but in fact, it started just as a timer-app for treatment of the hives against the varroa mites.
It got a bit out of hand since. It is my first attempt to develop an app. It's fun !!

Arnout