Assigned to ewpa...@gmail.com by steve....@gmail.com

Johnny & Shwarts

Dec 5, 2018, 10:46:36 AM12/5/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Hello!

P_20181205_181640.jpg

1. About a week ago after updating the MIT Сompanion application, there was no connection between App Inventory and Mit Companion. Now gives such an error, what can it be?
This error appears when opening already created projects.
When you create a new download passes normally.

2. 2. There were also a week ago on the site itself the adaptation modes of the apk under Google Play, why aren't they now? How to adapt?

SteveJG

Dec 5, 2018, 11:08:40 AM12/5/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Regarding #1; Does this happen to all your previous Projects or perhaps only those Projects having extensions?  What can it be?   Without an image posted here of your Project blocks, we really don't know from the error message you received.   Are you attempting to load a Project that you imported from Thunkable or AppyBuilder etc.  Perhaps this is why the compiler cannot find a component.

Regarding #2, you might read the nb172a release notes http://appinventor.mit.edu/ai2/nb172/        Simply, the App build replaces the previous  App and GooglePlay builds.  To build for Google Play,
use the App  build ...   Yes, this is again just like prior to August changes necessitated by Google's new GooglePlay security issues.,  AI2 has a single build process once again!

Regards,
Steve

Johnny & Shwarts

Dec 5, 2018, 2:47:57 PM12/5/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum

good evening

1. Created projects were not uploaded via Thunkable or AppyBuilder and so on. All of them were created on the site http: //ai2.appinventor.mit.edu, and worked fine a day or two ago. Although after the upgrade mit companion there were problems with the connection. Now the connection through the QR code goes well. But after entering, on all old projects it gives this error. Although at the time of writing code and testing on devices, there were no problems.

Evan Patton

Dec 5, 2018, 3:06:02 PM12/5/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Can you post a copy of the project here, or email it to me at ewpatton [at] mit [dot] edu? I can run some tests to determine why you are running into this problem.

Regards,
Evan