WebViewer can't download PDFs

Matteo Collica

Aug 31, 2019, 3:20:51 AM8/31/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I'm using a WebViewer for a specific website, and whenever I click on links to download pdf files it just does nothing.

Any way to solve this problem or to report it to MIT?

Thanks in advance.

TimAI2

Aug 31, 2019, 4:50:44 AM8/31/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
The webviewer cannot access the device's file system

Use the web component to download files to your app

fishingjr

Aug 31, 2019, 3:16:43 PM8/31/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
https://community.thunkable.com/t/free-extended-web-viewer-extension/4564/35

You can use a webviewer extension to download files... im on my phone and im having trouble finding it. I know that there is an extension that will download files thru webviewer. Not sure if that is the link i posted above or not. I have the extension in one of my apps to download pdf files from webviewer and then view the downloaded pdf.

TimAI2

Aug 31, 2019, 3:53:31 PM8/31/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
@fishingjr

Thank you for the link, will have a look at this.