MIT App Inventor mentioned on NBC Tonight Show Kid Inventors Segment

Abraham Getzler

Aug 10, 2018, 11:33:08 AM8/10/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Last night's NBC Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
had a segment (11 minutes in) with kids showing off their inventions.

Sandwiched between the short boy with the inflatable shoe soles for height emergencies
and the girl with the strap-on Hula Hoop catchers, there was a girl who caught the attention
of Google for her setup for detection of lead in water, using carbon nanotube electrodes
in a chlorine solution, sending resistance measurements by BlueTooth to her custom
MIT App Inventor monitor app.

The App Inventor app seemed to floor Jimmy Fallon more than the chemistry.

ABG

2018-08-10 11_28_37-Watch The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Episode_ Rose Byrne, Brad Paisley, .png

Farzeen Harunani

Aug 10, 2018, 11:45:17 AM8/10/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
That's amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Chris Ward

Aug 10, 2018, 4:20:37 PM8/10/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Geographic Restriction
This content is not available in your location.

:(

Abraham Getzler

Aug 10, 2018, 5:49:04 PM8/10/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Peter Mathijssen

Aug 11, 2018, 3:07:28 AM8/11/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
This is really great. It should go on the main page of the AI website.

Chris Ward

Aug 11, 2018, 6:21:27 AM8/11/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks ABG

What a bright star Gitanjali Rao is. I'm sure she is destined for great things. I probably won't understand those great things though.