Emulator develop in Landscape? How? And if not, why Not?

eagleeyez

Feb 20, 2018, 11:46:38 AM2/20/18
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com

Hi App Inventor Team, to hell. How on this planet Earth can I develop in Landscape? The emulator is just in portrait and if not on this planet, on which planet do I get Landscape? I really, really need landscape emulator as I am developing for the partially sighted and all needs to be layered out in landscape and not portrait.

I would really look forward to an answer here and even if negative, then a solution or coming update.

Thnaks in advance

Chris.

Nico Marikucza

Feb 20, 2018, 12:28:44 PM2/20/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
AiStarter only supports portrait modus.
But you can change the Screen Orientation in the Screen´s properties:

Nico

Juan Antonio

Feb 20, 2018, 1:09:52 PM2/20/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Click in keyboard PC

Ctrl F11

TimAI2

Feb 20, 2018, 2:58:58 PM2/20/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
On this planet use the companion app with your device, or try Genymotion as an emulator

SteveJG

Feb 20, 2018, 3:17:08 PM2/20/18
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
To force the screen orientation on a device to Landscape, set the ScreenOrientation in the Screen properties

The default is Unspecified, change it with the drop down MENU to Landscape.  Yes this will display in the Designer screen as a landscape.

Regards,
Steve

eagleeyez

Feb 21, 2018, 3:51:22 AM2/21/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Oh my! Ctrl F11 does turn the Emulator into Landscape. Thank you for that Tip.

It would now just be great if those nice Big Bang Theory people at MIT could figure out a way to get their App Inventor software to also do a Ctrl F11 trick.

eagleeyez

Feb 21, 2018, 4:15:06 AM2/21/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Thank you, thank you. In the screen option there is Landscape. I could not find that anywhere in Google. Very nice Software MIT

Abraham Getzler

Feb 21, 2018, 10:41:42 AM2/21/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
(Ctrl-F11 added to Companion/Emulator section of FAQ)
ABG