Echo

Nov 26, 2017, 8:58:00 AM11/26/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is an updated web viewer extension for app inventor 2? I know the default one in the side panel is not a full browser and I think this is the problem I'm having with my app.
The problem I'm having is with the site http://moondash.co.in/ for some reason it's not letting you log in (works on the normal web browser on the phone), and am thinking a more powerful web viewer is the answer.
I am still just a beginner, so please, keep it simple for me.

Thanks to anyone who can help,
Echo.

SteveJG

Nov 26, 2017, 12:09:12 PM11/26/17
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
The WebViewer is the Android provided WebViewer.   You might have more success accessing your Web using the ActivityStarter.  ActivityStarter used your device's default browser instead of the basic WebViewer browser.
Alternatively you could use a professional compiler instead and design you own browser base perhaps on Java code and Android Studio.

or search the internet or this Forum using  something like "  app inventor web viewer extension " and see what comes up

Regards,
Steve

Echo

Nov 26, 2017, 2:52:20 PM11/26/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi SteveJG,

Thanks for your reply, but going to the default phone browser using the Activity Starter kind of defeats the purpose of the app, as all the other parts are localised in the app all using the web viewer too (it would be like Google showing a message saying  "We can't do that part, here's Bing").

As for using a professional compiler to design my own browser, that is WAY past my abilities.

I have tried searching online for stuff like "app inventor web viewer extension" and the only thing I could find was Extended Web Viewer Extension (https://community.thunkable.com/t/extended-web-viewer-extension/4564), but that doesn't seem to help with what i'm looking for (Unless I missed or didn't understand the bit I was looking for, and if so a dummies guide would be appreciated, if someone wanted to do that)

Either way, thanks again SteveJG for your responce,
Regards,
Echo