Help with opening a new screen please!

njhye...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2013, 7:29:35 PM12/30/13
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I am using App Inventor 2 and I have been struggling forever to find out how to open a new screen. I want it to be that when I click a button it will bring up a brand new screen, then from the new screen I can hit a home button and return to screen 1. If you could help me I'd appreciate it!!!
Thanks,
A Lost Soul

Hal Abelson

Dec 30, 2013, 7:41:10 PM12/30/13
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, njhye...@gmail.com
Dear Lost Soul,

Search the App Inventor documentation for "Multiple Screens" -- every doc page has as search box on it.

This will bring you to a tutorial called Colored Dots.   The version there is for AI1, but it's not very different in AI2.

Good luck.

njhye...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2013, 8:02:35 PM12/30/13
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, njhye...@gmail.com
Sounds good, i appreciate the quick response. I hope i can get it all figured out from here! :)

Taifun

Dec 30, 2013, 10:22:09 PM12/30/13
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, njhye...@gmail.com
more examples about multiple screens see here http://puravidaapps.com/tutorials.php#multiple
Taifun

telefon...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2014, 4:49:38 PM1/14/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, njhye...@gmail.com
you open blocks and press the button you want the function to. choose "when button click", and you choose the orange control square, you can then choose "open another screen screen name" and put a text field after that, wich contains the name of the screen you want to open.

karte...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2014, 12:07:24 PM1/28/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, njhye...@gmail.com, telefon...@gmail.com
its Not Working.. i Tried it

Taifun

Jan 28, 2014, 12:38:34 PM1/28/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, njhye...@gmail.com, telefon...@gmail.com, karte...@gmail.com
see your other thread https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mitappinventortest/qv_a0zT3kWo/AR_-bINSuhcJ
and: you might want to provide a screenshot of your blocks (IN THE OTHER THREAD)
Taifun