kees

Feb 21, 2019, 2:31:27 PM2/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello
i'm trying to make a app with diferent options
in 2017 it was possible to read a pdf from my sd card
now it  don't work annymore ???
i search in the forum i get one answer

Note: to get this running after the SDK 26 update, you have to temporarily drag a sharing component into the working area, see also this thread. Unfortunately this workaround does not work for Android P devices. Android P devices will display the following error message file://mnt/sdcard/AI/WooHoo.pdf exposed beyond app through Intent.getData(). We have to wait for the MIT App Inventor team to fix this.

when will this be fixt cao sombody tell me
thanks

Taifun

Feb 23, 2019, 1:06:58 PM2/23/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
to view a pdf file from the internal scard still is possible, I don't know, if that note still is valid... probably I have to remove it now form my website?
are you using an Android P device?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.