Python phue library

John Thomas

Jan 1, 2019, 4:57:12 PM1/1/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Is there any way to import a Python library using Skulpt into an App Inventor app?

Taifun

Jan 1, 2019, 6:21:48 PM1/1/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Chris Ward

Jan 1, 2019, 9:28:50 PM1/1/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
...woo, that's very nice Taifun!

John Thomas

Jan 2, 2019, 4:19:38 PM1/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Yes, that's the page I'm working from. But I can't find a way to import phue.py and enable the Hue bridge.

I suspect it's not possible as Python functions are reimplemented by skulpt-stdlib.js. Just asking in case anybody knows a way...

ABG

Jan 3, 2019, 1:11:04 PM1/3/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Can you at least upload phue.py into the Media folder in the AI2 Designer?

ABG

John Thomas

Jan 3, 2019, 3:17:28 PM1/3/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Yeah, tried that.

To use phue.py in a normal Linux environment you use pip install...
Regards,

John

Taifun

Jan 9, 2019, 9:15:05 AM1/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
But I can't find a way to import phue.py and enable the Hue bridge.

you might want to use the web component to access the Hue API directly, there might be a RESTful API available... unfortunately you have to regiser at Hue https://developers.meethue.com so I'm not able to check if it would be possible...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.