Le Noir Du bled

Mar 23, 2017, 4:39:52 PM3/23/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Good evening for all people and mit inventor developers,

I am now doing an application that to enter you need to pass through a Login Screen. I did that Login screen and , to strength the App's security I want to create a "Retry" variable, when if you fail 2 times in a row to login, it will send you to another screen and make you wait for 30 seconds before retrying again.  I coded what you see in the screenshot down there.

Problem is,  that when I try my app on my phone, it tells me that I am using a bad argument to "-" , but in others Apps that I saw that used a similar thing as mine it d doesn't do that.

What should I change? Do? What's the problem? Thanks.
Captrar.JPG
Screenshot_20170323-213246[1].png

Taifun

Mar 23, 2017, 4:51:33 PM3/23/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
you are setting your global variable Essais somewhere to the boolean value true
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Le Noir Du bled

Mar 23, 2017, 5:07:25 PM3/23/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Where should I put it then? Since it has to know if the login is correct or not.

Taifun

Mar 23, 2017, 6:51:06 PM3/23/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Taifun

Le Noir Du bled

Mar 25, 2017, 8:21:06 AM3/25/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Do you mean this?
ikn.JPG

Le Noir Du bled

Mar 25, 2017, 8:22:51 AM3/25/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Or this?
qawesrdftyguh.JPG

Taifun

Mar 25, 2017, 10:12:01 AM3/25/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Essais should be always numeric, so the second screenshot is the correct one
Taifun

Le Noir Du bled

Mar 25, 2017, 3:39:06 PM3/25/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
It works, thank you very much, Taifun
Message has been deleted

Le Noir Du bled

Mar 28, 2017, 4:54:51 AM3/28/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Could I request your help again Taifun?

Taifun

Mar 28, 2017, 11:24:29 AM3/28/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
for new questions please start a new thread
and I guess, you will also accept answers from others, don't you?
Taifun