Checkbox to choose days from Monday to Sunday for starting an event

stevovanb

Mar 2, 2019, 6:00:36 AM3/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hi everyone,

i´m a beginner with app inventor and i couldn´t find the answers to my problem yet. I hope you guys can give me a lift.

I would like to create an app to control several outputs on the Arduino via bluetooth for now and maybe later via wifi (in this case to control shutters)
that means, i will have an up, stop and down button for each shutter. behind this buttons, or on a new site, i want to create a checkbox to choose a day from monday to sunday and then a listpicker to choose a time for up and one for down.

so that i can set the shutturs to go up and down automatically on a certain day at a choosen time and this will repeat till something else has been choosen.

thank you guys already, and sorry if i didnt explain it with the best gramma, english isnt my main language.

best regards
Stephan

TimAI2

Mar 2, 2019, 6:11:06 AM3/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Might be easier (and use less space on the screen) to use a spinner or listpicker to select a day of the week ?

You then have the day of the week, in words, and a list index to use as well :)

stevovanb

Mar 2, 2019, 7:19:52 AM3/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hi TimAI2,

thanks for the quick response. Taking less space sounds good. If i get the listpicker and spinner function right, i can choose out of a list, in my case a day from monday to sunday. but this way i can only choose one day...how can i get a list and choose for example: monday, friday and sunday at the same time in that one menu?

like in this picture

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-02 um 13.19.09.png

TimAI2

Mar 2, 2019, 9:27:55 AM3/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have put together a small project with both options checkboxes or a spinner, for making multiple selections
The checkboxes use a clock, you could start this (the clock) when you enter your day selection area, and stop it once complete.

I'll leave you to figure out your preferred method and what to do with the list created :)
pickdays.aia

stevovanb

Mar 5, 2019, 5:12:15 AM3/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
thank you very much!

As I said, I am totally new and there is a lot to learn. What tutorials can you recommend apart from the App Inventor website? Maybe you know some that are really well made and go up to an advanced level.

thanks again for the great help

TimAI2

Mar 5, 2019, 6:15:12 AM3/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Search the forum, search the AppInventor derivative forums search the interweb, it is out there somewhere.

Everyone wants to do something different, therefore it is always the case that you will never quite find what you want to do, but something similar