Error 702: Can't read mp3 files from public tinywebdb

Assigned to halatmi...@gmail.com by me

karen.a...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2014, 1:41:22 AM1/29/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
-AppInventor2
-Windows 8
-Chrome 32.0.1700.76

Will AppInventor2 read mp3 files from a public tinywebdb if I haven't downloaded the files to my phone's sd card? I try to set my tinywebdb url to a public tinywebdb appspot and my app pulls up the correct file (sound.mp3) but the player refuses to play it. Is it possible for me to store an mp3 in tinywebdb and for someone else who hasn't downloaded the mp3 to load it?

Hal Abelson

Jan 29, 2014, 7:57:48 AM1/29/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, karen.a...@gmail.com
Tinywebdb is designed to store text strings, not more general files like MP3's.  If you want people to be able play MP3's that are on the web, people simply would use the URL as source for the Player.
If you want to do something more complicated in managing those MP3's, you can use TinyWebDb to store the URL.