Lancor

Apr 22, 2019, 10:13:54 PM4/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
My students are working on an app where one device (Lenovo tablet) on the network "sends" an image file (a Happy Emoji file) to all other devices (also Lenovo tablets) on the network. The emoji file currently appears on all of the devices as long as the receiving devices are on the SAME screen. Thanks to the fantastic advice from SteveJG we got this working using CloudDB and its DataChange event and GetValue method. Because our app has multiple screens, the files don't display unless the user is on the same screen. Is there a way to force a user's screen to change when a DataChange in the CloudDB event occurs so that if a user is on a different screen, the app change to the screen that will show the emoji file?
Message has been deleted

TimAI2

Apr 23, 2019, 2:53:42 AM4/23/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
when DataChanged, go to required Screen
(switching screens correctly, of course)

You may need this routine on every screen in which case you could display the emoji sent on every screen ?