Hannah O'Byrne

Apr 2, 2019, 8:57:14 AM4/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Before I start, it may well be that I'm making a silly error, and apologies if this is the case!

I am trying to build a simple soundboard with the assistance of this tutorial. It seems to have gone well, but I'm now stuck.

Firstly, after initially installing an apk of the completed soundboard and then uninstalling, I can no longer install subsequent attempts. I'm on a Huawei P10 lite on Android 8.0.0 and the error is simply "app not installed."

Secondly, when I connect with the AI Companion app, I managed to progress from error 701 to 702 and I am now back to 701.

Initially my files were too big. I have made them into mp3s/wavs that are now 163-863kb in size which should be fine, right?

I have moved those sound files onto my phone into the Music internal storage. I checked the path and tried to google how to get it right, so I now have the below (which results in an error 701 when connected with AI Companion).

I am not sure I have the path correct, but when checking the mp3/wav properties on the phone, it shows the path below (minus "file:///").

Thank you in advance for your time

Hannah

Untitled.png

TimAI2

Apr 2, 2019, 9:04:45 AM4/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
You may need to add a File component to your project (but not use it for anything)
MIT are aware of this issue and working on a fix

For more information see here:

BodyMindPower

Apr 2, 2019, 9:33:42 AM4/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
... and check the Player.Source ... should be  file:///storage/emulated/0/Music

Anke

Hannah O'Byrne

Apr 2, 2019, 7:12:31 PM4/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you for your assistance - as someone who is a beginner at this kind of thing, could you advise on how to find the correct path like the path you provided? I get a different path (as per my screenshot) when I check the audio file details.

Hannah O'Byrne

Apr 2, 2019, 7:13:06 PM4/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you - it's a bit of a relief to know it's not completely me being incompetent!

TimAI2

Apr 3, 2019, 7:03:43 AM4/3/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Everyone is struggling....Google have not been making it easy at all for MIT or developers over the last few months with regard to permissions