marc....@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2014, 5:46:13 PM3/5/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I've tryed to create a filter in a fusion table (following sintax of google) but it doesn't work. Can you help me please?

SteveJG

Mar 5, 2014, 6:03:43 PM3/5/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, marc....@gmail.com
Is this what you are looking for?

Your question does not tell us a lot about what you are trying.  Filter in app; filter from the Dropbox?

-- SteveJG

Taifun

Mar 5, 2014, 6:08:17 PM3/5/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, marc....@gmail.com
you might want to provide a screenshot of your relevant blocks
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

marc....@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 4:20:26 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, marc....@gmail.com
I want to filter using the column number
Screenshot_2014-03-06-09-00-59-1.png

Taifun

Mar 6, 2014, 9:43:12 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, marc....@gmail.com
to find out, if the sql syntax is correct, right click onto the join block and select "Do it"
then provide another screenshot including the Do it result and a screenshot of your error message
did you already do the Pizza Party tutorial?
Taifun

marco telesca

Mar 6, 2014, 3:26:23 PM3/6/14
to Taifun, mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
it says Do It Result: SELECT * FROM 1g1M3fl5pvX99IrBOmDovcSMseWcaR59yBkQgmjAy WHERE Number >= 4 ---

Taifun

Mar 6, 2014, 3:57:37 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Taifun, marc....@gmail.com
it says Do It Result: SELECT * FROM 1g1M3fl5pvX99IrBOmDovcSMseWcaR59yBkQgmjAy WHERE Number >= 4 ---
this looks fine... it is important to not forget spaces where necessary, but everyting looks fine...
now what is your error message?
I'm assuming, that the Number columns is defined as number and not text?
A screenshot could help to find the problem easier...
Taifun

Taifun

Mar 6, 2014, 4:44:29 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Taifun, marc....@gmail.com
please keep the discussion in the forum!
first do the Pizza Party tutorial to learn how everything works!
and then if you still have problems, provide
1. a screenshot of your relevant blocks
2. a screenshot of your error message
Thank you.

Taifun

callum...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2014, 12:31:09 PM3/27/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Taifun
hi i have a similar problem when trying to filter a fusion table in app inventor 2. i get a 400 bad request. Parse error near '&#39 (im sorry i cant get a screenshot of it at the moment). my code is attached.

code.jpg
code 2.jpg

Taifun

Mar 27, 2014, 12:57:57 PM3/27/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Taifun, callum...@gmail.com
to find out, if the sql statement is correct, right click onto the join block of the sql statement and select do it then post a screenshot incl. the Do It result...
however if it works, currently you will get this error: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/mitappinventortest/dkEZZJ7PIx0
Taifun

callum...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2014, 5:08:41 AM3/30/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Taifun
I have done that and this is the result. it gives me a:
400 Bad Request
Invalid query: Parse error near 'of' (line 1, position 66)
the do it result is attached.
do it message.jpg

Taifun

Mar 30, 2014, 9:48:09 AM3/30/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Taifun, callum...@gmail.com
ok, let's understand, what the error message says: parse error near "of"
which means, spaces in column names in queries are not permitted, you have to quotify them like this
... WHERE 'Type of Fixture'='Football'
Taifun

callum...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2014, 10:24:11 AM3/30/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Taifun, callum...@gmail.com
thank you so much it works perfectly now i've been stuck on that for ages