Assigned to scottfr...@gmail.com by me

Florin Iosif

Mar 8, 2014, 7:19:25 AM3/8/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
           MIT APP INVENTOR SUPPORT FORM
Use this form to report problems or to request technical support or programming help.   Also check out the reference material at appinventor.mit.edu and at the App Inventor troubleshooting page.   Please provide ALL of the information requested in blue below BEFORE entering your issue.   We will make every attempt to answer your request or post rapidly.  Please return the courtesy and respond back to the forum promptly to let us know if your issue was resolved.   We might request additional information; we'll close the issue after three days if there has been no reply.  If you would prefer to start a discussion instead, change the drop-down above from "Ask a question" to "Start a discussion" and the form below will disappear.

Thank you - The MIT AI Support Team

MITAIMITAIMITAIMITAIMITAIMITAIMITAIMITAIMITAI

Are you Working Under Windows or a Mac or other?

Windows version:                     Mac OS version:              Other (e.g., GNU/Linux):

What Internet Browser are you using?   Firefox version:          Chrome version:          Other Browser:
(Please note: Currently IE is not supported.)

Which version of AppInventor are you using?
    MIT AI 2:         MIT AI Classic:             Other:

How are you testing your app?

          Emulator:                                     Tablet/Phone Make, Model & Android Version:

          Connection type: (WiFi or USB):

Are you a Teacher or a Student Using App Inventor in Your School?   Teacher:         Student:

If this is an issue with a specific project, please include the name of your project below:

Name of your project:

Please Describe Your Issue Below: (Please be specific.  "My Blocks Disappeared" is not enough for us to go on!)  Give us as much information as possible about what happened, what you were doing at the time, and what you expected to happen.  The more information you provide, the better we can help you.

My Issue Is (Enter your issue below):

Hello,

     I have a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet with Android and I want to know if it is possibile to develop/build Apk application directly on this mobile device without using PC or Laptop.
    There exist some App Inventor designer for Android? I think that it is a good idea to avoid using PC-s or Laptops for developing apps.

Thank you very much

B.R.
  Florin Iosif

Scott Ferguson

Mar 8, 2014, 10:56:33 AM3/8/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
That is not supported at this time.
---
Scott

jump...@libero.it

Mar 8, 2014, 11:24:52 AM3/8/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
To allow using appinventor on android device, it would be enough just to implement drag and drop!
I know it IS possible in HTML5.

Florin Iosif

Mar 10, 2014, 4:47:59 PM3/10/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Thanx for your answer. Do you have any idea when will be possibile ?
Thank you very much.

Florin Iosif

Enis

Mar 10, 2014, 6:40:31 PM3/10/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
JumpJack:

It's not an HTML issue... it's a special Java implementation of the blocks framework.  There are several other issues ahead of that.  It's not as simple a change as it might appear.  In fact, it's pretty complex.

Florin:

There's no way to tell, and I'd never give you a specific date, but don't expect it until sometime during the summer or early fall as a guess.

Abraham Getzler

Mar 10, 2014, 6:42:34 PM3/10/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Try catrobat on Google Play if you want to build on Android
and only want to make arcade games.

ABG