Setup of the "Connect to USB or AI Companion" has no success

Fernando Inácio

May 11, 2019, 12:04:26 PM5/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
When I try to connect from Windows 10 to my Android phone using USB cable I have no success and receiving a message "The aiStarter helper does not appear to be running.Need Help?". Using the Task Manager it is displayed aiWinStarter.exe (32 bit) is running.
By other side doing connection using WIFI through AI companion it is displyed a Network Error Communicating.
Could someone help me?

Fernando Inácio

May 11, 2019, 2:46:58 PM5/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Now, I have this is solved or at least is working. I was using 2 files from sourceforge named AI2 Starter 4.6.exe and AI2U 64bit v4.6 exe without sucess. Then I have now a third one named MIT_App_Inventor_Tools_2.3.0_win_setup.exe that works perfect using WIFI. This last file is mentioned in  http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/windows.html but after to dowload it I was not able to return there. It is there available a tester to see if AI2 Starter is running.

SteveJG

May 11, 2019, 4:15:13 PM5/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
1)  The MIT_App_Inventor_Tools_2.3.0_win_setup.exe  is the correct aiStarter to use with the online MIT App Inventor 2 web application.  That is the only version of aiStarter you should install Fernando.
2) Once installed (http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/windows.html .. it appears you finally did this) use the instructions here >  http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/setup-device-usb.html   Did you do Step3?  Did you turn USB debugging on (Step4) ?  Did you install the Companion on your phone? .. Companion 2.52 needs to be loaded

3) Regarding your issue with WIFI, are you using a home network or a school or perhaps library network?  Some firewalls within schools and organizations do not allow the type of WiFi connection required.

4) Is aiStarter running?  Perhaps... see the image on Step3.     Here is additional help with aiStarter http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/aistarter-help.html

Did anything here help?

Regards,
Steve