Extension: Working with differents TinyDB. TinyDB extended.

Juan Antonio

Aug 12, 2017, 8:51:02 AM8/12/17
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,

this extension is a TinyDB extended. You can work with several independent TinyDB.

- We have three TinyDB: TinyDB1 (numbers), TinyDB2 (capitals) and TinyDB3 (animals).
- When you save a Tag/Value, it is always stored in the same file: TinyDB1.xml, without distinction what TinyDB you have used.

If you Clear TinyDB2, for example, Clear all TinyDBs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this extension a Tag/Value is stored in file TinyDB2.xml, but a Pretag is added to its Tag depending on the TinyDB that has saved the data.

When App Inventor programmer put a TinyDBX, must set a Pretag Property to distinguish a TinyDBX from another. Pretag is a simple string.

As we saw in this other extension, you can also view data saved in TinyDBX or upload it from a file.

- Now if you Clear TinyDBX2, for example, you clear this lines...

- Other post about TinyDB:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/mitappinventortest/apps-tips--tricks/deCNeNr-X24

- This is just a didactic extension, use it under your responsibility, I am not responsible for the loss of data.

Regards.

estudiotinydbX.aia
com.KIO4_TinyDBX.aix

Tim Carter