BicKoin

May 10, 2019, 8:58:22 AM5/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have been messing around with this for awhile now and i'm not sure if there is a way but basically i'm trying to make a win loss list for a red and blue team so one button would post a R, and the other button would post a L, but I have them together so it looks like R,R,B,R,B,B,R,B. But what I want to be able to do is have the R be red and the B be blue but when I go to change the text color it changes the entire text and not just the individual letters. Is there a way to do this and if so how?

SteveJG

May 10, 2019, 9:06:02 AM5/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
1)  Perhaps post each letter into a different Label where each Label is in a Table Arrangement as the simplest possible solution.
2) Use html code in the Label; this requires complicated but doable code.  See Taifun's comments here New formatting possibilities with the Label  .  You will have to create your own algorithm to get this to display properly but it would work.
3)  You have been 'messing around' ... what have you tried?  Perhaps show your Blocks here in the Forum so we can see what you are attempting.

Regards,
Steve

BicKoin

May 10, 2019, 9:24:20 AM5/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
That link was exactly what I need!!!!! Thank You. It actually wasn't that bad, i'll post it in case you were curious.
RBColorCode.png

SteveJG

May 10, 2019, 9:27:00 AM5/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Great implementation; much more simple than I envisioned.  Thanks for posting your solution.  Nice.

BicKoin

May 10, 2019, 9:45:10 AM5/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
No problem thank you it has been killing me. I had everything else worked out including the implementation I just needed the execution which you so kindly provided me with. Much appreciated again.