Antonio Vitolo

Aug 7, 2018, 10:21:43 AM8/7/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hi,

Why?

build failed! Build server responded with response code 500

SteveJG

Aug 7, 2018, 10:32:28 AM8/7/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
MIT's Build servers are not working .   Everyone is experiencing this.   Be patient and wait until MIT restores service please Antonio.

We do not know when service will be restored.  You will just have to keep trying.  Try again in perhaps an hour and you might get lucky.

Regards,
Steve

Antonio Vitolo

Aug 7, 2018, 10:57:24 AM8/7/18
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
nooooooo...

if I compile with Thunkable it works ...

it's compatible?

SteveJG

Aug 7, 2018, 11:09:49 AM8/7/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
MIT is temporarily unavailable for Building apps.  Service might be restored later today, tomorrow or later.

Yes you possibly can develop on Thunkable.  Is it compatible?  :D   :D  :)         Not completely.   If you have already an existing app on Google Play you will also have to migrate the KeyStore you used on AI.  You must determine compatibility by experimenting if you can load your App Inventor 2  aia on Thunkable.

Once you make the transition to perhaps Thunkable, you might never be able to return to App Inventor.  The code will probably not be compatible.

You are developing commercially. It is logical you use one of the compilers designed to be used for developing commercial App Inventor like apps: Thunkable, AppyBuilder, MakeRoid etc. or graduate to the Java based Android Studio.

Abraham Getzler

Aug 7, 2018, 2:01:22 PM8/7/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
All should be well again. We run the buildservers in a docker "swarm" and the swarm leader ran out of disk space. This had the apparent effect that it would get all of the jobs to build (it acts like a load balancer) but couldn't process them.

I am now investigating why the disk filled, that should *not* have happened...

-Jeff

ABG