TaifunWiFi Extension: How to switch on a LED using Arduino, App Inventor and ESP8266 (or NodeMCU ESP8266)

Habib Ale

Aug 29, 2019, 2:17:59 PM8/29/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

I recently started with App Inventor, I need to build an application to switch on and switch off a quantity of 6 or 8 LED's.
I read the tutorials for Wi-Fi Extension and I've already built an app for look for nearby Accesses Points, connect to a Wi-Fi module by introducing it's SSID and password.
I tested it with my phone and I could connect to my NodeMCU ESP8266, that works.
What I need help with is to switch on/off LED's using my app (built with app inventor) and (I suppose) Arduino. I need help with the blocks section in App Inventor page and the program on Arduino.
I need to control the lights of a room for a school project by using Wi-Fi and App Inventor.

Thank you so much!

ABG

Aug 29, 2019, 2:35:32 PM8/29/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Have you looked through the sample projects in the FAQ
ABG

Habib Ale

Aug 29, 2019, 2:54:37 PM8/29/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I just looked on that links you sent me but there isn't the answer I'm looking for. I was also looking information on YouTube but there are videos only about how to switch on lights or LED's by using Bluetooth, but what I neede to use is Wi-Fi.
Also I saw an example of switch on a LED with App Inventor, Arduino and a Bluetooth module to check it and take it as an exaple but it doesn't work.

I forgot to mention that it's for a school project.

ABG

Aug 29, 2019, 3:16:43 PM8/29/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Habib Ale

Aug 29, 2019, 3:49:24 PM8/29/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I'm watching it and it seems nice till now. I'll keep watching it and check if it works to my project.

Thank you very much!

Juan Antonio

Aug 29, 2019, 4:18:16 PM8/29/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Habib Ale

Sep 2, 2019, 12:49:33 PM9/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I'm using NodeMCU ESP8266, I'll check the link and look if it is worth for me.

Thank you very much for the infomation!