AI2 doesn't work for regular user.

Assigned to andrew.f...@gmail.com by halatmi...@gmail.com

hu...@gapps.gjps.org

Mar 6, 2014, 10:13:19 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com

I have installed AI2 with a "domain admin" user account in a windows 7 environment.  The software works using this account.  When I login with another user’s account, AI2 does not work.  It seems the software is trying to pull the “domain admin” user permissions which the second account used does not have.  Furthermore, it seems that the problem is with AI Companion.  The emulator will boot up fine but not connect with the app being used.

jeffrey.schiller

Mar 6, 2014, 2:25:53 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
If you install the setup tools as an administrator, they should still work for a normal user. Do you have any restrictions (beyond the default) in place for normal users? The symptoms you describe seem to indicate that normal users cannot use the "adb" program (in \Program Files\AppInventor\commands-for-Appinventor). Can you verify that you can run this command by hand?

-Jeff

hu...@gapps.gjps.org

Mar 7, 2014, 9:36:59 AM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I do have install restrictions in place for the accounts in question.  I will check permissions on the abd program and get back to you.

Thanks,
Shane

Andrew McKinney

Mar 7, 2014, 10:28:54 AM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
If you are working on a 64bit machine then the path to use will be "Program Files (x86)\AppInventor\commands-for-Appinventor" from the command line.

Andrew

hu...@gapps.gjps.org

Mar 11, 2014, 8:24:51 AM3/11/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I will check that.  Right now students are testing all day so I am not able to get into the classroom.  But I will test this.

Thanks,
Shane Hull