Remotley UnInstall App Inventor from desktops

Assigned to andrew.f...@gmail.com by halatmi...@gmail.com

jjvi...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2014, 10:32:02 AM2/26/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I need to uninstall the AppInventor application remotely from approximatly 40 desktops. I was able to install silently (using the /S switch) with no trouble. However, the Uninstall executable does not seem to accept the /S switch.
I am utilizing the Uninstall String contained in the registry to remotely uninstall using a powershell script. The script works and starts the process on the remote desktop but the uninstall never completes and just hangs. I suspect it is waiting for an answer to the "Are you sure" prompt.

- I am using MIT App Inventor version 2.2 for Windows
- My OS is Windows 7
- My browser is Firefox (probably not relevant)

Thank you,

Joe

Andrew McKinney

Feb 28, 2014, 12:38:23 PM2/28/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, jjvi...@gmail.com
Hi Joe,

Yes, this is something I have noticed and have heard from others too,  and will fix in a new release of the setup tools.

Thanks for your post.

Andrew McKinney
Technical Lead, MIT App Inventor