Noé GAZEL

Oct 20, 2015, 6:01:15 AM10/20/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi !
I download a .aia file, to make a joystick, but i don't know how to make the ball object i created move...
The joystick can give me an angle when i move it, any idee of how i should use it ?

Scott Ferguson

Oct 20, 2015, 9:32:55 AM10/20/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Show us what you have so far.
---
sf

Noé GAZEL

Oct 20, 2015, 9:43:34 AM10/20/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I send the .aia file.
Joystick (1).aia

Scott Ferguson

Oct 21, 2015, 1:04:18 PM10/21/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
These blocks are all that you need to move the red ball with a joystick ball.
It uses linear interpolation to match the movements of the joystick ball to the red ball in the terrain canvas based on the canvas relative sizes.

---

sf

Joystick_mod.aia

Noé GAZEL

Oct 22, 2015, 9:14:57 AM10/22/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Oh, thanks you for taking time for making all this, but i meant to do make a joystick like a xbox one, when you push the joystick up, the character goes up, and the same for the others directions... Sorry :(
( Sorry for bad english, i'm french :D )

Scott Ferguson

Oct 22, 2015, 4:33:16 PM10/22/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
That is what these blocks do.
Move the joystick ball up and the character goes up, etc.
Have you tried them?
---
sf

Noé GAZEL

Oct 22, 2015, 4:54:39 PM10/22/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Yeah, i tried them, but, for example, if i put the joystick's ball at top left, the character goes top left, and i would want it to head top left, then accelerate, like a character in any third person game

Scott Ferguson

Oct 22, 2015, 9:29:09 PM10/22/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
This may better meet your needs.
The more you move the joystick, the faster the ball or sprite will move.
---
sf

Noé GAZEL

Oct 23, 2015, 2:48:35 PM10/23/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
YES ! Thanks you a lot dude ! It's exactly what i was seeking ! Thanks !