MIT App Inventor 2 "connect with code" does not respond

Assigned to jeffrey....@gmail.com by steve....@gmail.com

freddie

Dec 15, 2018, 8:00:26 AM12/15/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi,

I'm trying to connect my android phone to the App Inventor. I scanned the QR code and clicked "connect with code" but it doesn't respond. My computer and the phone are connected to the same wifi network. Can someone help?
Thank you.

Chris Ward

Dec 15, 2018, 8:56:42 AM12/15/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi freddie

Sorry about that - what version of Android is your phone? There have been some odd things with the Android Oreo OS.

Also, I see you are using Safari. Although not related to your problem, at the moment FireFox and Chrome are preferred for App Inventor.

If your MAC has a USB Port, I recommend trying a USB cable connection too.

freddie

Dec 15, 2018, 10:25:06 AM12/15/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Chris
I tried connecting via USB and it worked. Thank you!

SteveJG

Dec 15, 2018, 10:54:26 AM12/15/18
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
The main server is having connection problems.   The Companion scan QR code option is not working to build an apk due to heave developer usage or other issues.  Be patient.  Eventually MIT will fix this.
I cannot use the scan QR code option either on larger or small Projects while building the apk.   The QR code works fine when working with the Companion for live testing.

Regards,
Steve