webviewer url and flash

Nics Aliotta

May 25, 2019, 9:20:25 AM5/25/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
is it possible to view a flash video on a webviewer page in app inventor2?

Ghica

May 25, 2019, 11:11:23 AM5/25/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
If you can view it in your Chrome browser on your phone, there is a chance that you can see it inn your WebViewer.
But I do not think so. Flash was banned by Google long ago.
Cheers, Ghica.

Nics Aliotta

May 25, 2019, 12:28:00 PM5/25/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I can see the site on Google Chrome but not on web viewer of appinventod

Chris Ward

May 25, 2019, 12:37:00 PM5/25/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello Nics

The Webviewer is a sub set of a full browser, so it cannot handle some of the more sophisticated websites. It has been enhanced in later Android versions but that might not make a difference to the viewing of Flash.

How are you trying to view the video? Is it embedded in an HTML file on your device or is it on a website? Who is the owner of the video? If you own it, you can convert into a format compatible with the App Inventor Video Player (such as MP4), which if small can be loaded as media or if larger can be hosted on your own website.

Nics Aliotta

May 25, 2019, 12:49:46 PM5/25/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
it's embeded on an html file and i'm not the owner.. is a streaming website!

Any chance?

Peter Mathijssen

May 25, 2019, 12:50:50 PM5/25/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
If you are not the owner you should first ask the owner if you may use his video. You probably are not allowed to do this.