I need to add a facebook login in my app? Calling the smartest guy/girl here.

Jerry

Jan 10, 2019, 10:15:30 PM1/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Hi!

I need to add the facebook login in my app created in MIT App Inventor, pretty much like Tinder does whenever someone wants to use the service for the first time.

By the way, this is a problem I saw in several places, so a hero here is needed.

Thanks!!

Ghica

Jan 11, 2019, 9:47:27 AM1/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Maybe this helps: https://puravidaapps.com/oauth.php ?
Cheers, Ghica,

Jerry

Jan 13, 2019, 11:52:30 AM1/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks so much Ghica,

The information is for Gmail login but what is needed is the Facebook login, since the info you can get from FB is wider and more specific. Any suggestion?

Cheers

Chris Ward

Jan 13, 2019, 11:57:33 AM1/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Jerry

Jan 13, 2019, 11:36:59 PM1/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks so much Chris,

So how could be all this Facebook login code translated to MIT App Inventor language?

To be honest I'm not a coder I suck at it, since I'm dyslexic so, I created my app by watching youtube tutorials, believe it or not

Your help wi'll be much appreciated friend

Cheers

Chris Ward

Jan 14, 2019, 6:25:30 AM1/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Jerry

I think perhaps the best way would be to make an App Inventor extension. It might be possible to define an Html File to do the job too.

So, I suggest, referring to the SDK, you post in the App Inventor Extension Forum:

Jerry

Jan 19, 2019, 8:13:21 PM1/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks, I'm posting there, let you know backs guys!