Hugo Ortmann

May 1, 2019, 1:14:25 PM5/1/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello forum members,

we are trying to make the aiStarter run on the following plattform for a school project:

 - Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (v 3.8.8)
 - Linux Kernel 4.15.0-20-generic
 - Intel© Celeron© CPU E1400  @ 2.00GHz × 2

The App Inventor Setup package we have installed according to the following instruction on the App Inventor site: http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/content/linux.html for systems that can install Debian packages.
Basically the installation process was executed successfully and we can find the all the expected files in this directory: /usr/google/appinventor.

When trying to start aiStarter through this command /usr/google/appinventor/commands-for-Appinventor/aiStarter & we only get the response: "aiStarter no such file or directory".
The file is at this location and has the follwoing user rights -rwxr-xr-x for owner and group root. I'd expect no limitations with executing the file.

We'd be grateful for any hint why the aiStarter is not starting up.

Best regards,
Hugo

TimAI2

May 1, 2019, 3:03:13 PM5/1/19