Existing Blocks Move / Removed When Adding Block / Undoing

Assigned to farzeen....@gmail.com by carte...@gmail.com

David St. Einberg

Aug 25, 2018, 3:06:04 AM8/25/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
1. Create an if-then-else block.

2. Add blocks to then and else conditions.

3. Click on the if-then-else block just created.

4. Add an if block by typing if and pressing the enter key on the keyboard.

5. The if block is added to the else condition, AND THE BLOCKS IN THE THEN CONDITION ARE MOVED TO THE ELSE CONDITION.

6. Undoing results in the removing of the added if block AS WELL AS THE BLOCKS THAT WERE MOVED FROM THE THEN CONDITION.

7. Undoing TWO MORE TIMES, restores the blocks to their original positions in the if condition.

I've encountered this many times.  Thank God I know how to recover from this, and I thought I'd share this little gem with you all.

TimAI2

Aug 25, 2018, 8:29:14 AM8/25/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I can do it too !

iftenif.png

Abraham Getzler

Aug 26, 2018, 2:28:58 PM8/26/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have seen this behavior too.
ABG

Evan Patton

Aug 27, 2018, 9:32:04 AM8/27/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi David,

Thanks for the report. We are now tracking this as issue #1343.

Regards,
Evan