galaxy note 3 app errors

bilbox...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2014, 4:46:44 PM1/8/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I have upgraded to mit app inventor II and i am currently using a brand new samsung galaxy note 3 smartphone. I created the simple ball app, and then added several things to it, all of which worked just fine on my ancient huwaie smartphone the ascend y, but doesn't work on the new phone.

i have previously read some comments about problems using the note 3 with the new app inventor... but of course i can't find those comments now uggg.

The problem i am having is that i can install and run this app just fine, but whenever the play "module" is called, whenever one of balls hits the edge of the screen - or when they hit each other, instead of the sound playing, i get an error message saying:

Error 703: Unable to play windowserror.wav - or the name of any other wave file that i give to the player.

I cant understand why this would work fine on the emulator and on my previous smartphone, but doesn't seem to work on the samsung galaxy note 3

thank you

-bruce

Jos Flores

Jan 8, 2014, 4:50:37 PM1/8/14
to bilbox...@gmail.com, mitappinventortest
apparently the galaxy note 3 has some issues with playing wave files:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28130792-my-galaxy-s3-can-t-play-back-.wav-files-

You can fight with the device itself, or you can convert the sound
files in your app to other format that your device likes better; you
could try mp3 for instance.

cheers,
José