1st_time_user

Apr 21, 2019, 6:38:26 PM4/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

I created a list view to search through a CSV file. it will search one word but if i add a space to search for two words the list disappears.
How can I search with the ability to use spaces.

For example: If I am searching for Los Angeles I will type in Los but as soon as i hit the space the list disappears, and if I add the Angeles portion the list is still not populating.

Any suggestions?

TimAI2

Apr 22, 2019, 3:13:21 AM4/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Try Italo's customfilterbar approach ?

Italo

Apr 22, 2019, 4:29:09 AM4/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Tim, Thanks for mentioning the post. On this other post I explained in detail as a tutorial what each block does, so if the user need to make some modifications, it will be easier to understand.

BodyMindPower

Apr 22, 2019, 5:21:18 AM4/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
post the aia or a test aia ...