How can you flip an canvas and write on both sides of a canvas?

Hayden Perrin

Feb 12, 2016, 7:57:23 AM2/12/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
How do you flip a canvas to draw on the other side. My friend and I are making a flashcard app and can not figure out how o flip the flash card?

Also, how do you save multiple canvases at once and then be able to clear them and then find them later?

We really need help.

Thanks

SteveJG

Feb 12, 2016, 8:15:16 AM2/12/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
There is no 'other side' of the Canvas object Hayden.  What you can do is have two Canvases at the identical location with the Visible property of one set to true and the other set to false.  Then you can probably used the Touched or touched up property of the Canvas to toggle between the two or use a separate button.

See Taifun's 'tutorial' on how to save a canvas.
 This will create a png or jpg image file.   Save the link to the png using a List and a TinyDB.

Here is a tutorial that shows how to flip playing cards using an image or using a Canvas Object sprite;

Card Game ..an AI2 tutorial demonstrating methods for building card games

 you may like this idea better

or possibly this tutorial that shows how to flip 'tiles'

Dog Gone! … a tile matching game tutorial for App Inventor 2

There are lots of ways you can work with 'flash cards,' depending on how you use them and if you have to 'draw' on them or not.

Did this help?
Regards,
Steve

Ghica

Feb 12, 2016, 8:17:42 AM2/12/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
You can simulate the flip by having two canvases, where 1 I is visible and 2 is not. By making then 2 visibile and 1 invisibile, it Locke like they flip.
Cheers, Ghica

Scott Ferguson

Feb 12, 2016, 11:07:15 AM2/12/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Here is an example that flips a card horizontally.
Touch the top card.

CardFlip.aia