Assigned to halatmi...@gmail.com by steve....@gmail.com

Ethan Davis

Aug 17, 2015, 2:57:22 PM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I had this big super app that i had spent hours developing and when i opened up the updated all of my items on the screen had been reset and gone back to the original size so the covered the entire screen i tried to hook up my phone and it didn't fix the problem. so I'm having to go in manually fix every thing and it has a lot of stuff so its going to take a while

Giorgio lorini

Aug 17, 2015, 3:26:59 PM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
same problem..

SteveJG

Aug 17, 2015, 4:18:31 PM8/17/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
When you run the new version there are two screen sizing options.   One is called Fixed, the other is called Responsive.

On the right side of your Designer screen, in the far right under Properties, you should see a display like the one above.

If you check Fixed as shown above, your app should run pretty much as it did before.  The compiler is supposed to default to Fixed when an app created with versions 144 and lower are run in AI2 version 145 (MIT's latest release).  That did not happen?         Did you change manually from Fixed to Responsive?   If you switched to Responsive, you will have to do a lot of layout changes.    If you want things the way they were, you should NOT use responsive mode unless you are prepared to make, perhaps, significant changes in your app.  Having Responsive work requires user input to make it work.

Is the problem you have in a multi screen app or in a single screen app?

If you made no changes to the Sizing, please tell us on which version of Android you use and your phone model.

Are you using Leadbolt?

MIT did a lot of testing before release and 'older' projects compiled and the screen rendered very much like on the versions prior to 145.  Could you please provide screenshots of your app screen before the change and current.  This should help MIT understand the problem.

Known issues with the Responsive screen are documented here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k40Hyq6caTajy06hFPeqt-wCkWbuw_nK1duUZll2has/pub

Suggestions as to how to use Responsive design are here:  http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/other/responsiveDesign.html

Regards,
Steve

Ethan Davis

Aug 18, 2015, 2:29:59 PM8/18/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
this is what it looks like now for no reason

​and this is some what what its supposed to look like

​and i tried what you told me to do and it is all ready on fixed also every time i open mit app inventor it looks like this