Is there any limitation on the object in a screen, like image more 128pcs in a single screen?

kkwo...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2014, 10:06:30 PM3/5/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sir/Madam,

I'm using MIT App Inventor 2, my OS is windows7 pro 64bit, google browser.

I straight to the point, after install the apk on my phone (Sony xperia S, Android ver. 4.1.2), is show a message "Unfortunately, [project name] has stopped."

I found out the error in my project, is might be to many "Arrangement" object or image object in a single screen.

I try to delete some of the "Arrangement" and image object, then run it again on my phone, is work fine.

my question is: is there any limitation object on a single screen?

I looking forward for your reply. Thanks.

P/S: I have attached my project file, and I had set many hidden object, you might delete some of the "Arrangement" and image object, and run it, it work fine...funny <@j@>

Regards,
K.K. Wong

nanoblock_Catalog_ori.aia

Enis

Mar 5, 2014, 10:23:13 PM3/5/14
Yes, indeed, and you're over it.  The limit is 5MB for the AIA file... you're 1MB over that.  You'll have to get rid of some assetts like sounds, videos, pictures and extra files, especially ones you don't use.

Here are some solutions from Hossein & Taifun on Taifun's pages: http://puravidaapps.com/filebyfile.php

phantomfoot

Mar 6, 2014, 5:36:23 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, kkwo...@gmail.com
Android recommends no more than 80 'elements' on each screen, any more than this will start to affect performance.