I'm having problems in making a login screen

Progetto Informatica

Dec 2, 2019, 4:09:23 PM12/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
 Hello, I'm having some problems in making the login screen.
I'm using Firebase to store data when people sign up for the first time but I cannot retrieve data when I want to login. The first two photos are the 'code' I did for the sign up page, whereas the last ones are for the login screen. I have looked at some tutorials, like this but I couldn't find a solution. What should I do? Did I do something wrong? Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

TimAI2

Dec 2, 2019, 5:36:30 PM12/2/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have put together some simple blocks to demonstrate with just a nickname and password:

Register: user enters nickname and password, these are saved to a tag using the user's nickname

Login: user enters nickname and password, the password for the user's nickname is called from firebase, and compared to the password entered

blocksfirebaselogin.png

Here is what an example record looks like in Firebase

firebaseexampleregisterrecord.png

Progetto Informatica

Dec 3, 2019, 3:26:01 AM12/3/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Thanks for the reply.
what are Textbox3 and Textbox4 used for?

TimAI2

Dec 3, 2019, 3:56:10 AM12/3/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Register TB1 & TB2