Mr. Pratim

Aug 29, 2016, 3:25:41 AM8/29/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Today, I've posted the whole process here. [Sorry, No screenshots]

I shall convert   appinventor.ai_iammine.abcd    to   com.iammine.abcd [Last checked on 28.8.2016]

To change the package name successfully we have to go through 3 steps:-

1. Decompiling the apk, editing it and recompiling it.
2.Getting a pem certificate and pk8 key with OpenSSL
3.Signing the apk.

[STEP1]~Getting the apk, decompiling it and recompiling it.~

1.Download apktool 2.1.1 from HERE

2.Now, paste the apk to apktool directory [where you extracted]

3.Now, press SHIFT key along with right-click and goto ->  "open command window here''

4.now type  "apktool d abcd.apk" [package visual name]

5.Now do the process no 4 and 5 from http://puravidaapps.com/packagename.php

6.Now goto     adcd/smali/appinventor  , you'll be able to find a folder inside it, rename it to "iammine"  [for my case]

7.Move [cut] this folder to  adcd/smali/com/

8.Do process no 3 from here. then type "apktool b abcd" and enter  [the apk will be recompiled to adcd/dist]

[STEP2]~Getting a pem and pk8 with OpenSSL~ [This is most important to sign that apk]

1.Down OpenSSL from HERE and extract it.

2.Go to extractiondirectory/bin [openssl/bin for my case] folder, press SHIFT key along with right-click and goto ->"open command window here''

3.Type     openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:4096 -keyout key.pem -out cert.pem -days XXX -nodes

[You might get and error saying can't find openssl.cnf in C:\Openssl. If this error persists, then copy the file "openssl.cnf" from the bin folder to C:\Openssl]

4.Give the information required by the application and you will get 2 files called "certificate.pem" and "key.pem"

[Unfortunately the signapk occurs problem if you want to sign with the pem version of the key.so we have to convert it to pk8.]

6.Again do process no.2 in this step. and type  openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -outform DER -in key.pem -inform PEM -out key.pk8 -nocrypt

7.Now, at all, we have the certificate.pem and key.pk8

[STEP3] Signing the apk [APK is useless without signing]

1.Download Signapk.zip from HERE and extract it to a folder.

2.Paste the certificate.pem and key.pk8 and the apk which is recompiled in the adcd/dist.

3.Now from the ~SIGNAPK EXTRACTION FOLDER~ , do the process no.2 from step 2 [not in that folder, ->command same/folder changed]

4. now type        java -jar signapk.jar certificate.pem key.pk8 abcd.apk adcd-signed.apk

5.You will be able to see a new APK [Here, adcd-signed.apk] appears.

6.Good, the work is done,now we have the apk with our desired package name!! [here com.iammine.abcd]

The links here are uploaded to my personal box account. It will be your wish if you want to replace them.

Taifun

Aug 29, 2016, 10:15:31 AM8/29/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
thank you very much!
Taifun

Abraham Getzler

Aug 29, 2016, 2:59:42 PM8/29/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
(added to Unofficial Tricks section of this FAQ)
ABG

Mr. Pratim

Aug 30, 2016, 7:58:06 AM8/30/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Oh, I forgot to mention a thing. In SETP2 , process three, you can see the part of the command , "-days XXX"
.Here the certificate creator have to replace the "-days XXX" to "-days 3650" for making the certificate valid for 3650 days or 10 years.You are not forced to enter 10 year.You can enter freely any value.