setting a date label each time the app is starter

Assigned to taifu...@gmail.com by me

eke...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 6:58:23 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I want to set a date appearing in the screen each time it is started. Is there a procedure that reads the date from the phone and sets it in a label?
Esteban

Taifun

Mar 6, 2014, 9:30:58 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, eke...@gmail.com
yes, see the clock component
some AI1 examples with the clock see here https://sites.google.com/site/blocks123/theclock
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Taifun

Mar 6, 2014, 12:10:08 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, eke...@gmail.com
Thank you for the answer...
but as I see in those examples the clock is used to set timers...
What I tried to do is...
   I created a date label in screen 1
 when screen 1 initialize
          set dateLabel to clock1...Now
but does not work

probably you should take a look closer?
see screenshot
Taifun
PS: please keep the discussion in the forum! thank you!

eke...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 5:25:07 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, eke...@gmail.com
I understand what you mean, but
I can´t find a *clock1.formatDate* block...!
Sorry...

Taifun

Mar 6, 2014, 5:28:58 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, eke...@gmail.com
first in the designer you draw a clock component into the workspace and then you get all the clock blocks in the blocks editor

Taifun

eke...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 5:32:01 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, eke...@gmail.com