KP

Feb 20, 2018, 3:19:26 PM2/20/18
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am making a hymn book app and I want to set up a page for viewing an existing text file (of the lyrics). I have seen the tutorial for pdf, but I'm curious if I can save more space by viewing the file in .txt format, as I'd like to include the files in my app.

1st) Is it possible to view an entire text file (without converting it into a .jpeg/.png/.pdf file) on a full screen?

2nd) If so, from what source can I view it from (sdcard, in-app, Google Drive)?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. There was no available choice for Win10, so I thought I'd mention that here.

TimAI2

Feb 20, 2018, 4:14:49 PM2/20/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Vertical Scrolling Arrangement - fix height to most of screen e.g. 90%
Label inside the above, fix height to automatic
Set label to text file or long text.

Job done :)

SteveJG

Feb 20, 2018, 4:42:11 PM2/20/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
This is a little elaborate but...you could build this

using html files

or

...this using only ascii text files.

1st) Is it possible to view an entire text file (without converting it into a .jpeg/.png/.pdf file) on a full screen?  Yes.  this example shows how to display a book of over 300 pages.

2nd) If so, from what source can I view it from (sdcard, in-app, Google Drive)?   You could store it in Media (Resources), the sdcard or Google Drive.

Regards,
Steve
TreasureIslande-Reader.pdf
TreasureIsland_text_Template.aia