Muturu

May 4, 2019, 7:02:29 PM5/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hello, how can i make my app receive text message only from a specific number and the other messages are directed to the main/default text message app

Chris Ward

May 4, 2019, 7:19:55 PM5/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello Muturu

What you want to do is now effectively what has to be done, since Google Play no longer allows messages to go to or from a 3rd party App directly. So, your App will need to collect the messages from the device messenger and filter them. Even if your App is not going to be uploaded to Google Play, this is probably the best way in anycase.

Muturu

May 7, 2019, 3:27:27 AM5/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hello Chris
Thank for your deep insight into my problem.
but just some clarification, are you essentially saying that it is impossible for me to receive texts on my app directly?

Your idea of filtering for the text is somehow new to me. would you kindly help me with some links on how to go about it