Assigned to ewpa...@gmail.com by taifu...@gmail.com

Stefano Ferruccio

Jan 29, 2019, 12:00:55 AM1/29/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
E-mail front Google:
...Request data access permissions within the context (through incremental authorization) so that users understand why such data or permissions are required. Uses the data only for the purposes to which the user has consented. If you later want to use the data for other purposes, you must first ask the users and make sure they agree with the additional uses.
I need AI2 to have incremental permissions!

Regards
Stefano Ferruccio/ Italy

Evan Patton

Jan 29, 2019, 11:20:41 AM1/29/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
If you've recompiled your app since the SDK 26 update that went out in December, App Inventor already does this. For example, when you enable a LocationSensor component in the app, it will ask for location permission if the app doesn't have it. Similarly, if you were to try and take a picture the app will ask permission to use the camera. Now, people can bypass this incremental nature by using the AskForPermission block in succession, but that kind of violates the spirit of having the permission interstitials. Can you provide more context about how you are using permissions in your apps that might give us some clarity about what Google is requesting?

Regards,
Evan
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Stefano Ferruccio

Jan 29, 2019, 1:32:45 PM1/29/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Dear Evan,
I have to try to make an updated version.
The permits I need are for SMS, phone book reading, GPS and phone calls.
The APP is a car satellite burglar alarm.
I have already tried with askforpermission but it does not go well for my application because it has to work automatically and should not wait every time the consent of the person.

Regards
Stefano Ferruccio/ Italy