Title bar size in fixed scaling is different on new system

47 views
Skip to first unread message
Assigned to jeffrey....@gmail.com by me

Hal Abelson

unread,
Jul 10, 2015, 12:53:23 PM7/10/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com

Re: Please Help Test out our "Responsive" Version of App Inventor


Inbox
x

Abraham Getzler <aget...@gmail.com>

Jul 8 (2 days ago)



Inline image 1
I notice the Title bar size is reduced in the Fixed sizing option
compared to its size in the current server.

See my screen shots.

I am yet to look and see how I can set my font sizes proportionately.
I should report on that separately.

ABG

Inline image 5Inline image 4


Click here to Reply or Forward
12.87 GB (85%) of 15 GB used
Last account activity: 1 minute ago
Details

Hal Abelson

unread,
Jul 10, 2015, 12:57:50 PM7/10/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Abraham Getzler
Abraham:

Does this happen on the phone as well as on the Genymotion emulator?

Hal Abelson

unread,
Jul 10, 2015, 2:47:22 PM7/10/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, aget...@gmail.com

(I couldn't locate the thread for this, so posting my public response here. - ABG) 


I was unable to run a built .apk from the responsive server on my Android 2.2 tablet without an immediate force close crash, so I can't attest to how the title bar would have looked.

Since I hadn't tried a build yet on the responsive server, I imported a fresh .aia export from the ai2 server (attached), built it on the responsive server, and it ran okay on my Genymotion 4.4 emulated device, with no evidence of title bar shrinkage.

I then noticed that my Screen1.Sizing was set to Responsive, thought it was an oversight, changed it to Fixed, rebuilt and reloaded to my 4.4 Genymotion emulated device, and experienced massive graphic inflation (see attached.)

So I found two problems...

Couldn't run on 2.2 Android,
Switching from Responsive to Fixed inflated my screen objects and graphics in a built app.

ABG
angry_balls_v3.aia
Screenshot 2015-07-10 13.30.58.png
Screenshot 2015-07-10 13.42.23.png

Hal Abelson

unread,
Jul 10, 2015, 2:52:00 PM7/10/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, aget...@gmail.com
attaching the source to Abraham's project
angry_balls_v3.aia

jeffrey.schiller

unread,
Jul 10, 2015, 11:14:13 PM7/10/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, aget...@gmail.com
I found this problem and will work on a fix.

-Jeff
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages