sensor data to store as day and month wise from adafruit cloud stream.

gautham hongalkar

May 5, 2019, 5:07:24 AM5/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi All,

I'm getting stream of temperature sensor data from Adafruit feeds for every 3 min.
I need to store it in  day and month wise and plot chart when user presses today or month button.

Since I'm bit new to these things,I request to show some light on it.

Thanks in Advance,
Gautham

Chris Ward

May 5, 2019, 7:07:32 AM5/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello gautham

That's 480 values per day and roughly 14400 per month - but your Post title mentions cloud stream? So is the data being stored directly on an internet-based Server, from which you can download the data required on demand? If so, we would need to know what database is used to store the data, the format etc.

Not sure, but I think it might be difficult to study a chart with so many values on a phone screen (but perhaps you have an Android Tablet?).

gautham hongalkar

May 6, 2019, 11:04:06 AM5/6/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

"Post title mentions cloud stream? So is the data being stored directly on an internet-based Server, from which you can download the data required on demand?"
[Gautham] you are right, I will check on it.

"Not sure, but I think it might be difficult to study a chart with so many values on a phone screen"
 [Gautham] I just used Chartmaker.aia from GitHub, it is working well on phones (Still there is constrain as you see.)

Regards,
Gautham.P