help me

Dr Joker

Feb 25, 2012, 11:43:25 AM2/25/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
i have a problem i dont know how to setup my own app inventor server
and i try 100 time but i cant
can any one help my
my gmail to login is a22xl...@gmail.com
i wana a website so i can get webservices so i want ask its free or
not ?
and how can i setup a server :(
pliz help

//
I followed the instructions but when I run the startAI Windows Command
Script the control panel log does not look as it should. I would
post a link to an image of what it looks like but for some reason
google groups wont let me. Can anyone help me out with this? It's
important as I want to use App Inventor for my final year project at
university.
*****************************************************************************************//

parth hargan

Feb 25, 2012, 11:57:28 AM2/25/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
I am facing same problem.....
I am trying since 2 months. and started using online server
Help me too....plz
Can any one show a step by step procedure for that.
Waiting ................. parth...@gmail.com
Message has been deleted

Dr Joker

Feb 25, 2012, 12:29:47 PM2/25/12
to mit-appinventor-jars

On 25 Feb., 18:11, Mike Abbott <furrysalaman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Listen, just use the easy upload command thingy, and as far as the build
> server goes, check out this tutorial: Building an App Inventor Build Server
> (Step by Step) - Google
> Groups<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/usgsuacwai/dbC4sLWFeTY>
> --
> "I don't always finish my sentences, but when I do..."
>              *Garron Brian*, *Amazing Graphic Artist
> Garron's Art <http://garrons-art.webs.com>
>
> **This Email was sent by:  Mike Abbott a 13 year old programmer.
>    Furrysalamander Apps
> *

Yes but we use windows :(

Hal Abelson

Feb 25, 2012, 12:48:59 PM2/25/12
to Dr Joker, mit-appinventor-jars
Are you reading the instructions on how to set an App Inventor instance using the MIT JAR files?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/124V0q-Jzs8n9LqAlFKnSWxGLei_KZAUQGJUZwlALVws/edit

As it says there, you'll need to run the build server on a Mac or Linux machine.   We don't support the build server for windows.

==Hal
h...@mit.edu

Dr Joker

Feb 25, 2012, 1:02:40 PM2/25/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
pepoal say i can use google engine but i dont know how :S ?

Padraig

Feb 25, 2012, 6:34:44 PM2/25/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
I setup app inventor using this tutourial and it worked
perfect!!!!!!!!!

http://stepwisemedia.com/tutorials/run-your-own-app-inventor-for-android-service-from-start-to-apk/

Gary Frederick

Feb 26, 2012, 5:52:38 AM2/26/12
to mit-appinv...@googlegroups.com, Dr Joker
Hal@MIT pointed out they do not support a buildserver on Windows.

We do. It is still in test but the running everything on Windows has worked very well (ymmv :-))
It even lets you develop without the internet.
and it is FAST

about the Windows version.

It is version 61. I am waiting for MIT to give their current changes back to the open source project and then will merge my changes.

and...

You can put up the App Inventor part that runs on App Engine. The MIT documentation is good.
There is other documentation that may also help, both in other topics in this group and on the user supported getting set up and connecting with App Inventor - Google Groups

If you put up the App Inventor part on App Engine, you can do live development. When MIT releases their Public server to the general public, you can easily switch to using it once they let you on. You still need a buildserver, but you will have App Inventor to play with while you wait.

so

Put App Inventor up on App Engine
and if you can put a buildserver up on Linux/MAC

or run a Personal App Inventor on your PC
AND run a buildserver on Windows

Gary

Dr Joker

Feb 26, 2012, 12:59:43 PM2/26/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
any one have own server and can give my acsses to login and make main
project :( pliz ??

Dr Joker

Mar 9, 2012, 11:21:01 AM3/9/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
Helpppppppppp

Ryan Bis

Mar 9, 2012, 11:28:41 AM3/9/12
to mit-appinv...@googlegroups.com
Uhhh. Why not just use the MIT service?

appinventor.mit.edu

On Friday, March 9, 2012 11:21:01 AM UTC-5, Dr Joker wrote:
Helpppppppppp

Dr Joker

Mar 11, 2012, 12:15:54 PM3/11/12
to mit-appinv...@googlegroups.com