New Release of App Inventor v61 Jan 20

Andrew McKinney

Jan 20, 2012, 3:29:48 PM1/20/12
to mit-appinv...@googlegroups.com
Important!   New version release, January 20.  JAR users take special notice!!

We have just released a new version of App Inventor, version 61.   We’ll send a message in the next day that details the changes.   But for now, JAR users should  immediately note the following:
  1. The location of the whitelist has changed from war/whitelist to war/WEB-INF/whitelist.   When you deploy the new release, you must move your current whitelist to this new location.   If you are using a whitelist and you don’t move the file, your whitelisted users will not be able to log in.
  2. When you update your App Inventor server you must also update the buildserver.  Beginning with this release of the build server,  the version numbers of the App Inventor server and the build server must match, or you will not be able to build apps.   If you are using a build server that is run by someone else, you’ll need to coordinate future updates with that person.  Both of you should always be running the latest version of the servers.
You can find the latest download here.

Subhash

Jan 30, 2012, 3:46:36 PM1/30/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
Thank you for posting this. This does not say what improvements are
made on this version, or possible bug fixes. Any information regarding
that would be helpful. We are using this for a class of 36 students,
and it would be a little more worthwhile to know what improvements are
made.

--Subhash

On Jan 20, 2:29 pm, Andrew McKinney <mckin...@mit.edu> wrote:
> *Important!   New version release, January 20.  JAR users take special
> notice!!
>
> We have just released a new version of App Inventor, version 61.   We’ll
> send a message in the next day that details the changes.   But for now, JAR
> users should  immediately note the following:
>
>    1. The location of the whitelist has changed from war/whitelist to
>    war/WEB-INF/whitelist.   When you deploy the new release, you must move
>    your current whitelist to this new location.   If you are using a
>    whitelist and you don’t move the file, your whitelisted users will not be
>    able to log in.
>    2. When you update your App Inventor server you must also update the
>    buildserver.  Beginning with this release of the build server,  the
>    version numbers of the App Inventor server and the build server must match,
>    or you will not be able to build apps.   If you are using a build server
>    that is run by someone else, you’ll need to coordinate future updates with
>    that person.  Both of you should always be running the latest version of
>    the servers.
>
> You can find the latest download here<http://appinventoredu.mit.edu/download-jar-files>
> .*

Hal Abelson

Jan 30, 2012, 7:10:36 PM1/30/12
to Subhash, mit-appinventor-jars
Andrew's post listed the only changes in that release.  In general, these posts will list all the user-visible changes.

==Hal
h...@mit.edu

hanamichi kurotsuchi

Jun 5, 2012, 11:56:39 AM6/5/12
to mit-appinv...@googlegroups.com
hey guys, please I am in very need of the version appinventor-service-v61-jan20.zip file

please give me a working download link because this link is no more working.