MP4 Files?

Adam Tauno Williams

Jul 23, 2009, 11:40:03 AM7/23/09
to mist...@googlegroups.com
I'm a multimedia editing ignoramous; But Mistelix seems pretty straight
forward and everything I have tried so far has worked. Until someone
sent me some MP4 audio/video files to put into a project. When I browse
to the videos Mistelix doesn't list/show them for inclusion. Is this a
fundamental issue of MP4 files or something else? My system thumbnails
and plays the files without issue.

mistelix-0.21-1.1.i586 / openSUSE 11.1
--
OpenGroupware developer: awil...@whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>

Jordi Mas

Jul 23, 2009, 12:15:19 PM7/23/09
to mist...@googlegroups.com
El dj 23 de 07 de 2009 a les 11:40 -0400, en/na Adam Tauno Williams va escriure:
I'm a multimedia editing ignoramous;  But Mistelix seems pretty straight
forward and everything I have tried so far has worked.  Until someone
sent me some MP4 audio/video files to put into a project.  When I browse
to the videos Mistelix doesn't list/show them for inclusion.  Is this a
fundamental issue of MP4 files or something else?  My system thumbnails
and plays the files without issue.

Hello,

Unfortunately at this point Mistelix does not support importing MP4 files.

I'm working on a Mistelix 0.22 that should be released at the end of next week that will include a few fixes and support for MP4.

Meanwhile, I recommend that you look into Transmageddon[1] to convert files from MP4 to MPEG2 or other supported format.

Regards,

Jordi,

[1] http://www.linuxrising.org/transmageddon/