Help finding Mistelix bugs

adrian15

May 5, 2009, 12:05:09 PM5/5/09
to mistelix
Hi,

As a part of an university subject homework I have to work on finding
bugs on Mistelix.

I suppose this is the right place to write about these topics.
I am going to report my first bug right now.

In: http://www.mistelix.org/Contribute it says:

Reporting issues

Development version is updated quite often, and contains latest
bleeding edge code rich of new features and fixes for existing bugs. A
big help you can give to the project is constantly update and build
SVN version and try normally using it. In case you discover
malfunctions or misbehaviours you can report a new bug.

I think that "SVN version" should be a link to a page to explains how
to get access to the svn and how to download it, or at least the
anonymous svn link.
(I have also read something about GIT so I do not know if this
information is accurated).

I think that "you can report a new bug" should be a link to either a
page where the bug report procedure is explained or the project's
"bugzilla" page.

Once I know what are these links (maybe you can create them so that
documentation is improved?) I will be able to begin to test Mistelix.

Well, I will not because in mistelix.org I have not been able to find
information on how I am supposed to build and test mistelix. Another
bug or did I just overlook it?

adrian15

Jordi Mas

May 5, 2009, 1:16:18 PM5/5/09
to mist...@googlegroups.com
Hello Adrian,

I suppose this is the right place to write about these topics.

Yes, it is.

I am going to report my first bug right now.

In: http://www.mistelix.org/Contribute it says:

I think that "you can report a new bug" should be a link to either a
page where the bug report procedure is explained or the  project's
"bugzilla" page.

I have fixed the page following your suggestion.

Mistelix's started at Google Code and this week I have completed the migration to the source control and bug tracking system services provided by the GNOME project.

As result, the source code is now at GNOME git [1] and GNOME Bugzilla[2] is the new home for bugs and issues.

Once I know what are these links (maybe you can create them so that
documentation is improved?) I will be able to begin to test Mistelix.

Well, I will not because in mistelix.org I have not been able to find
information on how I am supposed to build and test mistelix. Another
bug or did I just overlook it?

>From any page at www.mistelix.org, if you go to the 'Developers' or 'Download' top quickbar links you can access the document "How to build Mistelix from sources"[3], that explains how to build it from sources.  If you have issues building Mistelix from source, do not hesitate to request help in this list.

Mistelix is still a project in its early stages. I'm really interested in feedback from users trying to use it for real projects. My suggestion is that you take a real set of pictures and you try to create a real project.

If you need real-time assistance, I'm usually available at #softcatala IRC channel at irc.gimp.org port 6666. My username is jmas.

Thanks,

Jordi,

[1] http://git.gnome.org/cgit/mistelix/
[2] http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=mistelix
[3] http://www.mistelix.org/BuildingFromSources

adrian15 adrian15

May 5, 2009, 1:57:58 PM5/5/09
to mist...@googlegroups.com
2009/5/5 Jordi Mas <jord...@gmail.com>:

> Hello Adrian,
>
> I suppose this is the right place to write about these topics.
>
> Yes, it is.
Great.

> I am going to report my first bug right now.
>
> In: http://www.mistelix.org/Contribute
> it says:
>
> I think that "you can report a new bug" should be a link to either a
> page where the bug report procedure is explained or the project's
> "bugzilla" page.
>
> I have fixed the page following your suggestion.
Ok. What about GIT being a link to GIT's main repository?

> Mistelix's started at Google Code and this week I have completed the
> migration to the source control and bug tracking system services provided by
> the GNOME project.
Ok.

> Well, I will not because in mistelix.org I have not been able to find
> information on how I am supposed to build and test mistelix. Another
> bug or did I just overlook it?
>
> >From any page at www.mistelix.org, if you go to the 'Developers' or
> 'Download' top quickbar links you can access the document "How to build
> Mistelix from sources"[3], that explains how to build it from sources.
Ok. I'll take a look at it.

>  If
> you have issues building Mistelix from source, do not hesitate to request
> help in this list.
Do not worry about that.

> Mistelix is still a project in its early stages. I'm really interested in
> feedback from users trying to use it for real projects. My suggestion is
> that you take a real set of pictures and you try to create a real project.
Ok, then. I have some marriage photos that will be ok.

> If you need real-time assistance, I'm usually available at #softcatala IRC
> channel at irc.gimp.org port 6666. My username is jmas.
Ok. I'll add irc.gimp.org to my irc client.

adrian15