Mistelix crashes before it can complete its startup

SpinnikerJim

Sep 30, 2010, 5:59:44 PM9/30/10
to mistelix, jimd...@gmail.com
Hi
I am not sure if I am sending to the correct group. If not would you
please redirect me.

I was using Mistelix and found it very good, however, it now crashes
before the GUI display comes up.

I am running Ubuntu 9.10.

I have installed other software since it last ran correctly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Mistelix but with no change to its
behaviour.

If I use the GUI Applications/Sound and Video/Mistelix I see it appear
in the panel at the bottom of my screen then disappear again.

If I start it from the terminal I get the following:

jim@jim-desktop:~$
jim@jim-desktop:~$ export MISTELIX_DEBUG=true
jim@jim-desktop:~$ mistelix

(/usr/lib/mistelix/mistelix.exe:6607): GLib-WARNING **:
g_set_prgname() called multiple times

(/usr/lib/mistelix/mistelix.exe:6607): GLib-WARNING **:
g_set_prgname() called multiple times
9/29/2010 10:12:14 PM [INFO]: Mistelix 0.30 starting
9/29/2010 10:12:14 PM [INFO]: Extension:Mistelix.Transitions.None
9/29/2010 10:12:14 PM [INFO]: Extension:Mistelix.Transitions.Fade
9/29/2010 10:12:14 PM [INFO]:
Extension:Mistelix.Transitions.BarnDoorWipeHorizontal
9/29/2010 10:12:14 PM [INFO]:
Extension:Mistelix.Transitions.BarnDoorWipeVertical
9/29/2010 10:12:14 PM [INFO]:
Extension:Mistelix.Transitions.StarWipeFourPoint
9/29/2010 10:12:14 PM [INFO]:
Extension:Mistelix.Transitions.StarWipeFivePoint
9/29/2010 10:12:14 PM [INFO]:
Extension:Mistelix.Transitions.StarWipeSixPoint
9/29/2010 10:12:14 PM [INFO]:
Extension:Mistelix.Transitions.BarWipeTop
9/29/2010 10:12:14 PM [INFO]:
Extension:Mistelix.Transitions.BarWipeLeft
9/29/2010 10:12:15 PM [INFO]: Extension:Mistelix.Effects.Grayscale
9/29/2010 10:12:15 PM [INFO]: Extension:Mistelix.Effects.SepiaTone
Marshaling activate signal
Exception in Gtk# callback delegate
Note: Applications can use GLib.ExceptionManager.UnhandledException
to handle the exception.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown
by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Mistelix.Mistelix.OnViewSafeArea (System.Object sender,
System.EventArgs args) [0x00000]
at (wrapper managed-to-native)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke
(object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj,
BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder,
System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
[0x00000]
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj,
BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder,
System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
[0x00000]
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj,
System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000]
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args)
[0x00000]
at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args)
[0x00000]
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000]
at GLib.Signal.ClosureInvokedCB (System.Object o,
GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs args) [0x00000]
at GLib.SignalClosure.Invoke (GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs args)
[0x00000]
at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback (IntPtr raw_closure, IntPtr
return_val, UInt32 n_param_vals, IntPtr param_values, IntPtr
invocation_hint, IntPtr marshal_data) [0x00000]
at GLib.ExceptionManager.RaiseUnhandledException(System.Exception
e, Boolean is_terminal)
at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback(IntPtr raw_closure, IntPtr
return_val, UInt32 n_param_vals, IntPtr param_values, IntPtr
invocation_hint, IntPtr marshal_data)
at Gtk.CheckMenuItem.gtk_check_menu_item_set_active(IntPtr ,
Boolean )
at Gtk.CheckMenuItem.set_Active(Boolean value)
at Mistelix.Mistelix..ctor(System.String[] args, System.Object[]
props)
at Mistelix.Mistelix.Main(System.String[] args)
jim@jim-desktop:~$
jim@jim-desktop:~$
jim@jim-desktop:~$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 9.10 \n \l

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Jim

Jordi Mas

Nov 6, 2010, 6:20:01 AM11/6/10
to mist...@googlegroups.com, jimd...@gmail.com, Jordi Mas
En/na SpinnikerJim ha escrit:

> Hi
> I am not sure if I am sending to the correct group. If not would you
> please redirect me.
>
> I was using Mistelix and found it very good, however, it now crashes
> before the GUI display comes up.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 9.10.
>
> I have installed other software since it last ran correctly.
>
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled Mistelix but with no change to its
> behaviour.
>
> If I use the GUI Applications/Sound and Video/Mistelix I see it appear
> in the panel at the bottom of my screen then disappear again.
>
> If I start it from the terminal I get the following:

Hello Jim,

This was fixed many months ago. Any version of gbrainy higher than 0.30
has it fixed. If you cannot update your version, let me know. There is a
work-around.

Regards,

Jordi,
--